About Me

My photo
Wife of Jeremy. Mom of Syd, Ben, and Ryan. Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, Coach

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm BACK!

I've been absent from the blog for a couple of weeks.  I have really missed it. My laptop crashed and my husband had to rebuild it.  Praise God that I married Jeremy, otherwise known as the Jack of all trades.  I could have used the desktop computer, but I LOVE my laptop. I only sit at the desktop computer in the wee morning hours to check email only.  Otherwise, I'm on the desktop for syncing the iPhone.  When I sit at the desktop computer, my back is to the rest of the family.  I have three kids.  NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON THE KIDS! 

I have been keeping up with the workouts, but they haven't been pretty.  I had a particularly rough 5 mile run on 1/22/11.  It was the slowest pace I have run yet, and that is really saying something, because I make the tortoise look fast.  I'm ok with that.  I'm definitely not running for the prizes in the races.  I'm a bit more relaxed than that.  You would laugh if you could see me as a spectator or coach when one of my kids compete.  I am the furthest thing from being competitive when I am doing something. When my kids are competing, I am over the top!  I do try to keep it in check as I have seen some of those youTube videos of psycho wrestling moms, and I do not want to end up on youTube in that context.

Other changes are happening around here as well. Since my last post, I have started working for Weight Watchers.  I am currently training to be a receptionist.  WOW! There is so much to do as a Weight Watchers receptionist.  I love it.  Also, that keeps me close and in treatment.  That weighing once per month and knowing it is being sent to the territory director is motivating to get my booty moving.

Thanks for all my comments on my blog!  I appreciate reading them all!  I'm loving that I'm getting to meet people online through running!

Signing off for now. It is time to lace up the angelic running shoes. Take care and keep running.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, turning your back on 3 kids can be risky.;)
    Way to push through your workouts! Sometimes they aren't pretty....well most times they aren't pretty, but each one gets you closer to your goal.
    Congrats on your new job too! Talk about accountability!
    Maybe we can have a little bloggy meet soon at one of our upcoming races!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete